- ☐ Write changes
In source/changelog. Write an overview of the important changes: features added, deprecated and removed.
The format of the first line is:
2.8 Grégoire Détrez <[email protected]> March 2042 ├┄┘ └┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┬┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┘ ├┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┘ ┕ version number ┕ Releaser name and email ┕ Date
- ☐ Bumb version
- The version increment should be based on the changes listed in the changelog, according to semantic versioning.
- ☐ Run the tests 🅰
- Run all the tests suites (or let the CI server do it).
- ☐ Build binaries 🅰
- Build binaries for mac, windows and linux (or use the ones build by the CI server).
- ☐ Create a new release on github
A github release includes:
- the commit hash of the code revision
- the version number
- the list of changes from the changelog
- the source package
- the binary packages
- ☐ Upload the source package on hackage
- ☐ Activate readthedocs for the new version
- This is done at https://readthedocs.org/projects/bnfc/versions/